- Event Time 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Event Start Date May 28, 2016
- Event Location 745 Commonwealth Avenue
Join the Pan-Methodist Commission in a partnering experience to make a difference in the lives of children in the New England area.
May 28, 2016
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Boston University School of Theology
745 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215 – Room B24
Pastors, District Superintendents and Presiding Elders, Christian Educators, Parents, Grandparents, Guardians, and Workers with children in Sunday Schools, Day Care and homes.
Registration is required and you are invited to use the link below. There is no fee to register. http://tinyurl.com/BostonChildren
- Boston University, School of Theology
- Northeastern District Pan-Methodist A. M. E. Zion Church
- Pan-Methodist Campaign on Children and Poverty
- Hood Theological Seminary
The 7-fold purpose of the summit is given below
- To address the issues and needs of children in the New England area
- To identify ways that the church can make a difference in the lives of children.
- To provide training for persons who work with children and provide assistance to parents and grandparents, especially those rearing grandchildren
- To connect with the Pan-Methodist Campaign for Children in Poverty
- To encourage congregations to be intentional in sharing the task of making a difference in the lives of children by developing partnerships for future work
- To explore the formation of partnerships with schools and agencies
- To explore opportunities for advocacy for the sake of children
If you would like to know more about he Pan-Methodist Campaign for Children in Poverty, please visit the website: http://www.panmethodistcampaignforchildren.org